The BioData.pt Association is recruiting a project manager.
If you have an academic background in the area of biological/health sciences, are fluent in English, read, spoken and written, and are interested in pursuing a career in science management, in a dynamic team that responds to one of the biggest challenges in science today - managing and analysing large volumes of biological data - this opportunity could be for you.
- Higher education in the area of biological sciences;
- Fluency in Portuguese and English read, spoken and written;
- Familiarity with Office tools: Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to help each other, proactivity, flexibility, organisation, planning, autonomy and ease, and willingness to learn.
- Experience in accounting, planning and organising events, communication through institutional websites, social networks and others;
- Experience in coordinating teamwork.
The Project Manager of the BioData.pt Association reports directly to the Executive Director and has, as its main functions, provide administrative and logistical support to the Board, including technical and accounting support for the Association and respective projects. He/She is also responsible for coordinating the Portuguese Node of ELIXIR, managing the communication, and organising events.
- Provide administrative support to the Association's Board;
- Provide technical and financial support to the Association projects, namely tracking deadlines, monitoring tasks development, and elaborating regular and timely plans and reports;
- Track the Association's accounting and report to TOC;
- Provide support to the coordination of the Portuguese Node of ELIXIR;
- Support the monitoring of the Association's impact and performance indicators;
- Responsible for the organisation and logistical preparation of events;
- Manage Association's websites and social networks;
- Report directly to the Executive Director.
- Outlined copy of citizen card
- Curriculum vitae
- Copy of proof of degree
- Motivation letter
- Contacts of two references
The four documents must be compiled into a single PDF file and sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Salary and benefits: according to experience;
- Workplace: at the Association's headquarters or at the headquarters of one of the associates; possibility of partial telework; occasional domestic or international travel;
- Application period: open indefinitely, until a suitable candidate is found.
- Foreseen starting date: February 2022
Portuguese version here.