Position: PROJECT, EVENTS AND COMMUNITY MANAGER
Organisation: Associação BIP4DAB (the legal entity of BioData.pt)
Research Field: Biological sciences and similar
Researcher Profile: Master degree owner
Application Deadline: 21/06/2023
Type of Contract: Fixed term for 12 months. Renovation is possible if agreed by both parties.
Job Status: Full-time
Hours Per Week: 36
Offer Starting Date: 01/09/2023
Work Location: The BIP4DAB association has several associates in different parts of the country, namely in Lisboa - INESC-ID or Braga - UMinho. The work location will be defined together with the approved candidate at one of these locations; it is also possible to discuss other options at other BioData.pt Associates’ HeadQuarters.
Report: BIP4DAB executive director
Public notice for one fixed-term work contract for Project, Events and Community Manager at BioData.pt Research Infrastructure. BioData.pt is the Portuguese Infrastructure of Biological Data, with the mission of providing the research community in Portugal with resources and expertise in data management, bioinformatics and computing. To accomplish its mission, BioData.pt participates in several national and international projects, organises training and dissemination events and nourishes domain specific communities and technical platforms. The candidate selected for this position will be mainly responsible for the logistics of events and management support to the communities’ and platforms’ coordinators to maximise their impact.
1. Daily activities
- Support Communities and Platforms management.
- Prepare technical and financial budgets and progress reports for Communities and Platforms activities, ensuring timely execution of all deliverables.
- Collect and report Communities and Platforms project performance and impact indicators.
- Prepare agendas, participate and deliver minutes of Communities and Platforms meetings and activities
- Manage distribution and communication lists/ channels related to projects.
- Identify and develop content for disseminating the results of the projects, interacting within Communities and Platforms.
- Participate in regular teleconferences of the ELIXIR infrastructure.
- Plan, organize, publicize and execute all logistics tasks of training, events and workshops promoted by the BIP4DAB Association.
- Support BIP4DAB association in other activities .
1 year, starting in September 2023. Renewal is possible if a suitable performance is delivered.
3. APPLICABLE LAW
“Código do Trabalho” (Labor Code), approved by Law No. 7/2009, of February 12, in its current wording.
4. MONTHLY ALLOWANCE
The Employee is entitled, prior to any deductions or withholdings, to a monthly payment of 1605,58 € (One thousand, six hundred and five euros and fifty-eight cents), working on an exclusive dedication basis, and a meal allowance per workday of 9.60€ (nine euros and sixty cents in card).
The monthly pay, meal allowance, vacation and Christmas shall be paid by bank transfer.
5. SCIENTIFIC SUPERVISION
The contract activity will be supervised by the Executive Director of BIP4DAB Association.
6. ELIGIBILITY CONDITIONS - Required education level and research experience
The candidates should have a MSc degree in Biological or Biomedical sciences/ engineering, Medical or health sciences, BioInformatics or related areas, with a strong motivation in Events and Community Management. Candidates from other scientific areas with relevant experience may also be considered.
Required language skills: proficiency in English (minimum C1) both written and spoken.
Availability to travel in the country and abroad.
7. EVALUATION CRITERIA AND COMMITTEE MEMBERS
The selection will be based on the following criteria:
- 80% academic profile and proven experience record
- 20% motivation letter
An interview will be conducted to shortlisted candidates. The punctuation proposed by each member of the jury is obtained by assigning a weighting factor of 70% to the first phase of the application, and a weighting factor of 30% to the interview.
The jury may also decide not to assign the position if none of the candidates meets the required conditions.
Candidates with an average score below 70%, are not recommended for hiring.
The Jury is composed of:
President: Miguel Rocha
Member: Cátia Pesquita
Member: Irina Moreira
Substitute Member: José Luís Oliveira
Substitute Member: Ana Portugal Melo
Each member of the jury assigns a classification to each of the candidates on a scale of 0 to 100 points, ranking the candidates according to their classification consisting of the sum of the partial classifications assigned in each evaluation criterion, and considering the weighting factor given to each parameter. In this process, abstentions are not allowed.
Candidates shall be ordered by applying the successive voting method.
The jury has the faculty not to select a candidate in case the requirements mentioned above are not fulfilled.
Minutes of the jury meeting are drawn up, which contain a summary of what has taken place in the meeting.
The final deliberation of the jury is approved by the President of BIP4DAB, and it is his responsibility to establish the respective contract.
8. FORMALISATION OF APPLICATIONS
Applications are made by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with subject named BioData.pt Community and Events Manager Application, with the documents stated below compiled in a single PDF file:
- detailed Curriculum Vitae
- motivation letter
- single copy of the official academic degree certificate required in education level
- detailed list of grades.
- name of two personal references
For candidates with degrees granted by foreign higher education institutions, it is mandatory to have a degree or diploma recognition.
This call is open until June 21st, 2023.
Start Date: To be discussed with the selected candidate, but no later than 01.09.2023