Next 12th November, Anne-Françoise Adam-Blondon will be the Key Note Speaker at Plant Phenotyping-Genotyping Data Management Workshop. An agronomist by training,has for many years been combining work on plant genetics and genomics, and today she shares her time every day between the generation of knowledge and the management of research.
An agricultural engineer with a science PhD, Anne-Françoise Adam-Blondon has been working for many years in the field of plant genetics and genomics. She has had a fulfilling career and now divides her time enthusiastically between the generation of knowledge and managing research activities.
Since joining URGI, A-F Adam-Blondon has gradually refocused her scientific activities on the issue of the interoperability of information systems (modelling of common data, generic web services, etc.) and data (development of standards for metadata and data, ontologies, monitoring the identification of accessions, etc.). This change has notably been driven by a desire to better exploit the knowledge generated by INRA and integrate it in an international data “ecosystem”. This work has taken shape in INRA’s information system for genomic and genetic data on plants and their pathogens in the form of GnplS, developed by URGI. Within this new framework, A-F Adam-Blondon is making a particular contribution to mobilising and training the communities of biologists concerned through projects and presentations and to developing or improving data standardisation. For example, she is coordinating the Coll-GATE project on the mutualisation of web applications for the local management of collections, which involves the community of genetic resource collection managers from INRA, CIRAD and IRD.
- 2017: Chevalier de l’Ordre du Mérite Agricole (Dame of the Order of Agricultural Merit)
- 2013: Deputy Head, Plant Biology and Breeding Division at INRA
- 2010: Deputy Head, Plant Breeding and Genetics Division at INRA
- 2007: INRA Research Director
- 1994: INRA Research Scientist
- 2009 - 2010: School of Management for Agricultural Research
- 1994: PhD thesis (AgroParisTech)
- 1988: Qualification as an Agricultural Engineer (AgroParisTech)